Themes and Topics
Following themes broadly describe the focus areas of deliberations, with a certain degree of overlapping. The structure has been deliberately kept flexible and will evolve depending on research contributions received from the participants. The minimum coverage topics of conference are:
- Engineering Geophysics - application in geotechnical investigations, site characterization, tunnel route studies, bridge foundation studies, etc.
- Water Resources Geophysics - Groundwater Geophysics, hydro-geophysics & hydrogeology, climate, contamination survey, etc.
- Mining Geophysics - Mineral Exploration, Geosciences for surface mining and safety, open cut mining, slope stability, tailings dam, etc.
- Archaeological Geophysics - Geophysics for archaeology and cultural heritage
- Dam Geophysics - Geophysics for investigation of existing dams and appurtenant structures, investigations for new dam sites, hydropower sites etc.
- Environmental Geophysics. Bio-geophysics
- Geohazards and Disaster Mitigation - quick clay, landslide, liquefaction, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, ground subsidence, mining hazards etc.
- Petroleum Exploration – improving deep images by understanding near-surface
- Shallow marine geosciences
- Geophysics for forensics detection
- Application of Geophysical Tools during Construction of Underground Structures
The methods in focus are as under:
- Seismic (Refraction, Shallow Reflection, MASW, ReMi)
- Electrical (ERI, VES, IP, GRP)
- Electromagnetic, Magneto-telluric
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Gravity & Magnetic
- Borehole Geophysics (Well Logging, Tomography, Cross-hole/ Downhole)
- Passive Seismic, Micro-tremor method.
- Other Geophysical Methods - Radiometry, Thermal, etc.
- Marine Geophysics Methods- SBP, SSS etc.
- New Emerging Technologies and Instrument Development
- Airborne Geophysics
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning in Geophysics